On August 21, Joseph Brant Hospital officially opened the doors to the Michael Lee-Chin & Family Patient Tower.
The new seven storey state-of-art Patient Tower combines technology, open spaces, and a calming environment to encourage health and healing. Features:
- A covered foot bridge connecting the parking garage with the Michael Lee-Chin & Family Patient Tower.
- A new Emergency Department (ED)
- 172 acute inpatient beds
- 9 new Operating Rooms (OR) and a new post-anaesthetic care unit (PACU)
- Expanded Diagnostic Imaging (DI) department and associated services
- Expanded medical, surgical and outpatient services
- Expanded Cancer Clinic
- Expanded Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
- Renovated Special Care Nursery, level 2 Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Expanded and modernized laboratory
- 70 per cent single-patient rooms across the hospital
Thank you to all the donors who have supported the Our New Era
Campaign and have helped make this milestone a reality.
The new tower is open, but there is still much work to be done. Renovations to the existing tower will continue through 2018, and updates will be provided on the redevelopment project.